I focused my miles-and-points efforts in the last quarter of 2013 on IHG’s `Big Win’ promotion. I wrote about the whole project on Flyertalk, where my report includes:
- Visiting family in Suffolk and my resulting battle with St Judes’ storm by rail and air;
- London City to Edinburgh, then Edinburgh to Geneva and back via Heathrow, all on BA (including the LHR and GVA lounges);
- a Marian Call gig and fan meet-up in Geneva;
- visiting CERN (also covered here);
- and a final mattress run in Edinburgh.
I racked up the requisite four properties across three brands via the Holiday Inn Expresses at London Royal Docks and Geneva airport; the Crowne Plaza Geneva; and the Holiday Inn Edinburgh City West. I also made use of a Yotel cabin at Heathrow; all five are reviewed in the report, which may be my longest yet!