I focused my miles-and-points efforts in the last quarter of 2013 on IHG’s `Big Win’ promotion. I wrote the whole project up on Flyertalk, which includes:
- Visiting family in Suffolk and my resulting battle with St Judes’ storm by rail and air;
- London City to Edinburgh, then Edinburgh to Geneva and back via Heathrow, all on BA (including the LHR and GVA lounges);
- a Marian Call gig and fan meet-up in Geneva;
- visiting CERN (also covered here);
- and a final mattress run in Edinburgh.
I racked up the requisite four properties across three brands using the Holiday Inn Expresses at London Royal Docks and Geneva airport, the Crowne Plaza Geneva, and the Holiday Inn Edinburgh City West. I also made use of a Yotel cabin at Heathrow; all five are reviewed in the report, which may be my longest yet!