I spent part of the summer of 2015 on my most ambitious travel itinerary yet, and much of the time since writing about it… As usual, I’ve assembled a hyper-detailed report for Flyertalk; whilst on the Great Affair I’ve stuck to the stand-out items – this trip allowed me to tick off a few from my redemption bucket list!
So here I have coverage of
- BA1, the British Airways business-only, 32 seat shuttle from London City to New York;
- a night at the Intercontinental New York Times Square, plus some sightseeing highlights;
- flying Cathay Pacific Business Class to Vancouver;
- various activities in Vancouver, including the tourist attractions to the north, the aquarium, and general photos from around the city;
- the Amtrak Cascades train route from Vancouver to Seattle;
- followed by Amtrak’s Coast Starlight from Seattle to Los Angeles – the facilities for sleeper car passengers, the experience on the long journey through Washington and Oregon and then California, and an interactive map of the route recorded on this and the previous train.
Meanwhile, on Flyertalk I’ve gone into more technical detail, to make up for forum limitations which make it harder to includes masses of photos or interactive elements like the map. In particular, I cover all the other hotels – The Radisson Vancouver Airport, Park Inn & Suites Vancouver, Crowne Plaza Downtown Seattle, Doubletree Los Angeles Downtown – plus more on the Amtrak Cascades and my flight home in club world on a BA A380. As always, I hope at least one version proves interesting!